400 David Drive
Metairie, LA 70003
Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Sunday 9:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Daylight savings: 10:00 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Cash will no longer be accepted as payment from contractors and residents of the Cities of Kenner, Harahan, Westwego and Gretna who utilize the Jefferson Parish Drop-Off sites for trash disposal. Payment for fees will have to be paid by credit or debit card.
Click HERE for an informational video on recycling.
Click HERE for information on the latest HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS MATERIALS COLLECTION EVENT.
Garbage and Trash Items
- Garbage and Trash
- White Goods
- Bulky Waste
- Scrap Metal
- Tree and Yard Waste
- Construction Debris
Additional Materials Accepted:
- Waste tires (5 per resident per day)
- Automotive Fluids (5 gallons per resident per day)
- Oil Filters (2 per resident per day)
- E-Waste (no CRT/TV – see e-waste instructions)
- Lead Acid Batteries
- Waste Cooking Oil (5 gallons per resident per day)
- Holiday lights on strands, rope lights
*Commercial users are prohibited from this service.
Accepted E-Waste materials:
Cell Phones, Computer Accessories, Computer Hardware, External Hard Drives, Cable Boxes, Circuit Boards (of any type), Processors, Laptops, Tablets, LCD Monitors Only, Networking Equipment, Printers, Fax Machines, Security Systems, Telephone/Computer Cables, Telephones, Uninterruptible Power Supplies, USB Drives, and Video Game Players such as Xboxes, PlayStations, and Wii.
Items NOT Accepted:
Televisions, CRTs (Cathode Ray Tube – Non Flat Screen TVs/Computer Monitors), Media (tapes, cd’s, floppy discs, etc.), Light Bulbs/Fluorescent Bulbs of ANY kind, Copiers, MP3 players, Digital Cameras and Digital Video Recorders (DVR’s), Stereo Equipment, Radios, Speakers, Toner and Ink Jet Cartridges, Portable Navigation and GPS Devices.
Security of disposed E-Waste materials:
CACRC processes e-waste materials at their facility in Baton Rouge in accordance with the strictest privacy laws and regulations, including the Federal Privacy Act and HIPPA. CACRC meets the National Institute of Standards and Technology’s requirements for purging information from computer hard drives. CACRC is the same organization that has assisted the Parish during the spring and fall household hazardous materials collection events.
Recycling Materials Accepted:
- Plastic bottles #1 and #2
- Aluminum Cans
- Steel Food Cans (i.e. soup, tuna cans)
- Boxboard with inserts removed (i.e. cereal, shoe boxes)
- Paper (newspaper, telephone books, magazines, junk mail, paper bags, envelopes, construction paper)
- Corrugated Cardboard (no pizza boxes)
- Shredded paper (must be in a clear plastic bag)
Materials NOT Accepted for Recycling:
- Styrofoam, freezer boxes, waxy containers
- Plastic bags (grocery bags, garbage bags, etc. The only exception is made for clear plastic bags containing shredded paper.)
- Plastic films, shrink wrap
- Paper cups, paper plates, paper towels, napkins, tissues, receipts
- Plastics #3 through #7
- Chip bags, candy wrappers, fast food wrappers
- Pens, plastic toys, hangers, rubber bands, hoses
- Aerosol Spray Cans
- Containers that held hazardous materials such as motor oil, pesticide, paint
- Wood, yard trimmings
- Clothing, shoes