Do Not Toss
East Bank Office
Joseph S. Yenni Building
1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 203
Jefferson, LA 70123
Phone: (504) 736-6961
Fax: (504) 736-4423
West Bank Office
1855 Ames Blvd., Suite A
Marrero, LA 70072
Phone: (504) 364-3505
Fax: (504) 364-3548
To File a Complaint please click HERE.
“DO NOT TOSS” LIST
In cooperation with local publishers, Jefferson Parish now regulates the unwanted tossing of unsolicited printed matter, which often arrives as a “free” newspaper in red, white, or clear bags tossed on residential lawns.
Please submit the required information below to add your residential address to a “Do Not Toss” List maintained by the Department of Property Maintenance, Zoning & Quality of Life (PMZ).
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: How long does it take to stop publications from being tossed?
A: Before reporting a complaint, please allow forty (40) days to fully process your request.
Q: Why might I still receive unsolicited publications?
A: The “Do Not Toss” List is not intended to be a completely prohibitive “Do Not Deliver” List.
Distributors may continue to deliver publications in alternative ways by:
- Placing and securing it at the entryway nearest the front door;
- Attaching it securely to the front door;
- Putting it through a mail slot on or near the front door;
- Putting it between the exterior front door and the interior front door;
- Handing it personally to the proprietary party of the premises;
- Depositing unsolicited printed matter into a receptacle lawfully located upon any street or public place, provided said person is authorized to deposit such unsolicited printed matter into said receptacle; or
- Distributing unsolicited printed matter to any person who accepts it.
Q: What if I change my mind?
A: To change your request or to remove your address from the “Do Not Toss” List, please click here to submit a service request.
Please use Internet Explorer browser to access this page.