Councilwoman Jennifer Van Vrancken announces major transportation upgrades for Move Metairie including:
- Move Metairie Tracking Forward, a new, innovative, first-of-its-kind train tracking app developed in partnership by Council District 5, Gresham Smith, New Orleans Regional Planning Commission, & Jefferson Parish; and
- Move Metairie On-Demand Zone, an on-demand, curb-to-curb transportation service now permanently offered within the Metairie Road District through an ongoing partnership between JP Transit, Transdev, & Lyft.
Download the app to receive:
• Advanced notice of trains approaching Metairie Road;
• Estimated time until trains arrive at the Metairie Road crossing;
• Alerts on the direction of train travel;
• Estimated time until the train crossing is clear; and
• Live camera view of the railroad crossing.
Thanks for using our app as you live, work, dine, shop, play, and stay on the move in Metairie!
This app was developed in partnership by Councilwoman Jennifer Van Vrancken, Gresham Smith, New Orleans Regional Planning Commission, and Jefferson Parish.
Move Metairie On-Demand Zone is a public mobility service that provides Metairie residents, workers, and visitors with on-demand, curb-to-curb transportation within a predetermined area. This innovative and equitable transportation option expands the reach of traditional public transit to serve riders within a few blocks radius of a standard bus route. For additional information, please visit www.JPTransit.org.
Move Metairie On-Demand Zone is offered in the Metairie Road District as follows:
- Move Metairie On-Demand Zone operates Monday–Friday, 6:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Lyft will pick-up and then drop-off any passenger within the geo-fenced area shown on the map above.
- Pick-ups and drop-offs may be at any address, stop, home, business, etc. within the geo-fenced area. All trips must start-and-end within the geofenced area.
- When traveling to/from a residential home, riders must know the exact address of the home.
- Public transit transfers are available at the Canal Boulevard Bus-Streetcar Terminal and the Airline-Severn bus stop.
- Move Metairie On-Demand Zone is available at the traditional bus fare cost of $1.50 per ride, with free rides for passengers transferring to or from the Canal Boulevard Terminal and Airline-Severn bus stop.
- Passengers may use Move Metairie On-Demand Zone for up to 60 rides per month.
- Move Metairie pricing is a JP Transit (formerly JeT) travel subsidy valid for up to $15 of the ride cost. Any ride costs beyond $15 will be the responsibility of the rider.
To use Move Metairie On-Demand Zone, passengers and JP Transit riders may download the Lyft app and enter both promotional codes: MoveMet and Jet2Met.
For users who already have a Lyft account, the promotional codes may be added by going to the “Promos” section in the app and adding both the MoveMet and Jet2Met codes. Once entered, both codes will be automatically retained for future use.
For those riders without a smartphone or who are mobility-impaired, a dial-in service is available at (504) 367-RIDE or (504) 367-7433 to allow riders to request a Lyft pick-up by phone or request pick-up by a Mobility Impaired Transportation Systems (MITS) vehicle.
Move Metairie On-Demand Zone is provided by a partnership between JP Transit, Transdev, and Lyft.