Board of Standards and Appeals Process
BOARD OF STANDARDS AND APPEALS PROCESS
Application must be submitted online at www.mygovernmentonline.org/ of the Jefferson Parish Department of Inspection and Code Enforcement for consideration of a variance/appeal. A filing fee must be paid once application has been accepted. Fees are as follows:
1 and 2 Family Residential Two Hundred Dollars ($200.00) for the first article appealed and One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for each additional article appealed at the same meeting. Commercial, Industrial and Residential 3 or more units Five Hundred Dollars ($500.00) for the first article appealed and One Hundred Fifty Dollars ($150.00) for each additional article appealed at the same meeting. Special Meetings Fifteen Hundred Dollars ($1,500.00) for the first article appealed and the above stated fees for each additional article appealed at the same meeting.
- Regular meeting are held on the second and fourth Thursday of each month unless a meeting falls on a holiday, in which case the meeting is held on the Tuesday before.
- Special meetings may be scheduled by the Code Official or Board Chairman.
- Owner/appellant is notified by mail and email of the date and time of the meeting.
- Following the meeting decision letters are mailed out to owner/affected party.
- When a variance has been approved, owner/appellant must comply with the decision of The Board and any relevant stipulation.
- When an appeal is denied, the owner/appellant may petition the decision of The Board to the 24th Judicial District Court.
The Purpose of the Board of Standards and Appeals
he Board shall have the authority to hear appeals of decisions and interpretations of the Code Official and consider variances of the technical codes.
The Board consists of 7 members. The seven (7) members of the Board shall be residents of the Parish and be appointed as follows. Each member of the Council shall appoint one (1) member. One (1) member of the Board shall be a Louisiana Registered Architect; one (1) member shall be a Louisiana Registered Civil Engineer; one (1) member shall be a Louisiana Registered Electrical Engineer; one (1) member shall be a Louisiana Registered Mechanical Engineer; one (1) member shall be a Louisiana State Licensed General Contractor; and two (2) other members shall be selected at-large.