JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
August 22, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JEFFERSON PARISH TO HOST LOW-INCOME HOUSEHOLD
WATER ASSISTANCE OUTREACH EVENT FOR WESTWEGO
JEFFERSON, LA – The Jefferson Community Action Programs Department (JeffCAP) will be hosting a Low-Income Household Water Assistance (LiHWAP) outreach event on Friday, August 25, 2023 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Westwego Senior Center (701 4th Street, Westwego, LA 70094).
This outreach event, open only to Westwego residents, is to provide eligible residents with water bill assistance through the Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LiHWAP) funding allocation. See below for required documentation needed to process your application:
- Driver’s License, Picture I.D. or Passport for ALL household members over 18 years
- Social Security Cards for all Household Members
- Currently bills for active utility accounts for Westwego Water Bill
- Proof of Address
- Proof of income for ALL household members. Income may consist of one or more of the following:
- Four (4) recent consecutive check stubs containing year-to-date (YTD) information
- W-2s for previous year
- Current copies of Unemployment Benefits, Workers Compensation Benefits, Alimony, Railroad Retirement, Veterans Benefits, or etc.
- Copies of tax returns with all schedules for 2022 for self-employment
- Current Social Security and/or SSI Award Letters (2023 ALL PAGES)
- Bank statement may be used for SSA and/or SSI income (Dated within last 30 days)
- Current private pensions or government employee pensions (Must show gross amount)
- Section 8/Subsidized Housing-Utility Allowance (Contract sheet and form 52667)
- Zero Income Form for anyone 18 years and older in household without income
For more information about this outreach event, please call (504) 736-6900.
For more information about Jefferson Parish, visit www.JeffParish.net. Residents can also receive regular updates by following the Parish on social media (@JeffParishGov) or by texting JPALERT or JPNOTICIAS to 888-777.
Jefferson Parish Public Information Office
1221 Elmwood Park Boulevard, Suite 1002
Jefferson, LA 70123
JPALERT – SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY ALERTS
Gretchen Hirt Gendron, PIO