JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
May 22, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JEFFERSON PARISH TO HOST LOW-INCOME HOUSEHOLD WATER ASSISTANCE OUTREACH EVENT
JEFFERSON, LA – On Friday, May 26, 2023, the Jefferson Community Action Programs Department (JeffCAP) will be hosting a Low-Income Household Water Assistance (LiHWAP) outreach event from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at R.B. Alexander (Marrero) Community Center (1861 Ames Blvd., Marrero, LA 70072).
This outreach event, limited to 150 clients and open only to Jefferson Parish residents, is to provide eligible residents with water bill assistance through the Low Income Household Water Assistance Program (LiHWAP) funding allocation. A household may qualify for up to a maximum of $1,500 benefit for LiHWAP, however, a household cannot have previously received LiHWAP (water) benefit during this allocation period. Attendees should have copies of ALL documentation needed to process their application on hand or it will not be processed. See below for required documentation needed to process your application:
- Current Louisiana Driver’s License, Louisiana State Picture I.D. or Passport for ALL household members over 18 years
- Proof of Residence if I.D. does not show service address (current lease, utility bill issued within last 30 days or government document)
- Social Security Cards for ALL members of the household or ITIN along with photo I.D. (card or government document)
- Currently active account for Jefferson Parish Water Department or Gretna Water Department (NO final bills)
- Proof of income for ALL household members. Income may consist of one or more of the following:
- Current Social Security and/or SSI Award Letters (2023 ALL PAGES)
- Bank statement may be used for SSA and/or SSI income (dated within last 30 days)
- Four (4) recent consecutive check stubs
- Current private pensions or government employee pensions (must show gross amount)
- Section 8/Subsidized Housing-Utility Allowance (contract sheet and form 52667)
- Current copies of Unemployment Benefits, Workers Compensation Benefits, Alimony, Railroad Retirement, Veterans Benefits, or etc.
- Most recent copy of tax return and all schedules for self-employed
- Zero Income Form for anyone 18 years and older in household without income
For more information about this outreach event, please call (504) 736-6900.
For more information about Jefferson Parish, visit www.JeffParish.net. Residents can also receive regular updates by following the Parish on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, JPTV and Instagram (@JeffParishGov) or by texting JPALERT or JPNOTICIAS to 888-777.
Jefferson Parish Public Information Office
1221 Elmwood Park Boulevard, Suite 1002
Jefferson, LA 70123
JPALERT – SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY ALERTS
Gretchen Hirt Gendron, PIO