JEFFERSON PARISH, LOUISIANA
January 18, 2023
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
JEFFERSON PARISH TO HOST PUBLIC MEETING FOR INPUT ON USES OF ARP FUNDING TO
PROVIDE HOUSING SERVICES AND SHELTER FOR THOSE EXPERIENCING HOMELESSNESS
JEFFERSON, LA – The Jefferson Parish Department of Community Development will be holding a public meeting to collect input on usage of funds received from the HOME Investment Partnerships American Rescue Plan Program (HOME-ARP) to provide housing services and shelter to individuals and families experiencing homelessness, in the amount of $5,664,957.
The public meeting will be held on Thursday, January 19, 2023 at 4:00 p.m. in room 405 of the Joseph S. Yenni Building (1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Jefferson, LA 70123). In addition to the public meeting, questions or comments can be submitted via email at JPCDPrograms@jeffparish.net, by phone at (504)736-6262 or in writing by mail to the Joseph S. Yenni Building, 1221 Elmwood Park Blvd., Suite 605, Jefferson, LA 70123 until 4:30 p.m. on Tuesday, February 7, 2023.
The HOME-ARP funds must be used to primarily benefit individuals or families from the following qualifying populations:
- Individuals and families experiencing homelessness;
- Those at risk of homelessness;
- Individuals or families fleeing or attempting to flee domestic violence, dating violence, sexual assault, stalking or human trafficking;
- Other populations where providing supportive services or assistance would prevent homelessness or serve those at risk of housing instability;
- Veterans and families that include a veteran family member that meet one of the preceding criteria
CLICK HERE for additional information about HOME ARP. For more information, contact the Department of Community Development at 504-736-6262.
Jefferson Parish Public Information Office
1221 Elmwood Park Boulevard, Suite 1002
Jefferson, LA 70123
JPALERT – SIGN UP TO RECEIVE EMERGENCY ALERTS
Gretchen Hirt Gendron, PIO